LAST UPDATED MAY 25, 2018
We have the right to modify the provisions of the Policy at any time. We will alert you that modifications have been made by specifying on the Policy the date it was last edited. We suggest you review this Policy from time to time to make sure that you understand how any personal information you provide will be utilized. Should you chose to continue to use the Services after modifications are posted, you are accepting the newly modified terms.
As used herein, the term “personal information” means information that explicitly identifies any person (such as a name, address, telephone number, mobile number, e-mail address, or credit card number), or information about that person that is directly connected to personally identifiable information. Personal information does not include a Device Identifier (as defined below) that is not connected to personal information. Personal information also does not include “aggregate information”, which are statistics we collect regarding the use of the Services or about a group of services or users, from which specific identities or other personal information has been extracted. This Policy does not in any way limit our collection and use of aggregate information.
We collect several types of personal information about our guests in a number of ways when you visit or use the Services.
2.1. Active Collection
We collect specific information from you when you purposely provide it, such as if you:
Create a Legacy Learning Solutions account;
Participate in our forums;
Receive customer or technical support;
Participate in events;
Register products for warranty protection; and
Surveys or questionnaires.
Usually, the personal information we request you provide includes: name; email address; telephone number; shipping and billing address, and company of employment. We may also collect demographic information such as your age, gender, country, and zip code. This information may be associated with your personal information. Legacy Learning Solutions may collect information regarding the user’s behavior, and his/her use of Legacy Learning Solutions’ trainings and in-course data such as test scores, rankings, time spent per page, and popularity of answers to specific questions to better adapt our products and Services to users’ interests and to improve the quality of our Services.
2.2. Passive Collection
When you use the Services, some information is also automatically collected. Legacy Learning Solutions as well as any third party advertisers and/or service providers, may use a variety of technologies that automatically or passively collect information about how the Services are accessed and used (“Usage Information”). For example, when you come to use or visit the Services, we collect your IP address or other unique identifier (“Device Identifier”) for the computer, mobile device, technology or other device (collectively, “Device”) you use to access the Services, your operating system, the browser type, the address of the referring web site and your activity on the Site or your console ID. On its own, your Device Identifier is not personally identifiable. We may also use Device Identifiers to collect information about the regularity with which our guests visit various parts of our websites. If this information is combined with any information that is specific to the guest, we treat this information as personal information.
We also automatically collect specific information and observe user activity through the use of “cookies” on the Services. If we associate cookies to any personally identifying information, we will treat this information as personal information. Please refer to your browser settings if you would like to block, erase, or be warned of cookies on the Site. Please be aware that choosing to remove or reject cookies could affect certain features of the Services. Information provided by cookies may be used in a multitude of ways: to analyze data, to determine the popularity of certain content, to deliver advertising targeted to your interests, to make recommendations to you and to better understand the usage and visitation of the Services and the effectiveness of Ads.
While Legacy Learning Solutions does not utilize personalized advertisements or we do encourage our users to opt-out of such personalized advertisement.
We do not sell your personal information to third parties without your permission. We do not ask for personal information to access our website. Please be aware that should you prefer not to release personal information, certain features of our websites may not be available to you.
We use personal information we amass throughout the Site for the purposes defined in this Policy or on the Site. For instance, we may use personal and other information we collect:
- To deliver the services, products or information you request and to process any transactions in connection therewith;
- To request feedback and contact you regarding your account or your use of the Services. We may also use your personal information for other purposes. For example, we may use your information to send you administrative communications regarding, but not limited to the following: your account with us and features of our websites;
- To reply to your emails, questions, comments, requests, and complaints and to provide customer or technical services;
- To personalize and develop the Site and users’ experiences, to better the user friendliness and functionality of the Site, to provide ads, content, or features that coincide with user profiles or interests, and to deliver recommendations as to other ads, content or features that may be of importance to users;
- To observe and study the Site usage and trends and otherwise measure the effectiveness of the Site;
- To provide you with information regarding our events, products, and services that we believe will interest you;
- To send you confirmations, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages, to spot and avoid fraud, and to facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, the Services;
- To inform you regarding important modifications to our Services;
- To conduct surveys; and
- For any other reason for which the information was collected.
We will not disclose the personal information we collect throughout the Services with third parties, except as defined in this Policy or on the Site. For example, we may disclose personal information as follows:
- With vendors, consultants, and other service providers (“Service Providers”) who occasionally need access to such information to complete their work for us, we may share your personal information with partners which aid Legacy Learning Solutions with the operation of the Services, including, but not limited to, payment processing, and product delivery;
- With your consent, we will disclose your information with other users of the Site;
- When you give us your permission to do so, including if we notify you that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information;
- To send you advertisements you request;
- To reply to your enquirers.
You understand that when you utilize the Services, any information you disclose in any interactive areas of the Services, including in any comments, listings, profiles, public or private groups or forums, as well as any information you disclose with individuals through public or private groups or forums, as well as any information you disclose with individuals through the Services or through social network sites or other social feeds, will be available to other users and in some cases may be publicly available.
We are not responsible or liable for the actions of third party service providers or other third parties, nor are we responsible or liable for any additional information you disclose directly to any third parties. Nothing herein restricts the disclosing of aggregated or depersonalized information, which may be disclosed to third parties without your consent.
You have control over the personal information you disclose to us. If you decide to remove your personal information from our database, simply contact us at email@example.com.
The security and privacy of your personal information is very important to us. We have employed technical, administrative, and physical security measures to guard your personal information from unauthorized access and improper use. We frequently examine our security procedures to consider new technologies and methods. That being said, no security measure is perfect or impenetrable.
You must not disclose your personal password to any person to protect the confidentiality of personal information in your account. You are responsible and liable for all uses of the Services by any person using your password. Let us know immediately if you think your password has been compromised.
DESPITE OUR EFFORTS TO GUARD YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION, NO COMPANY CAN GUARANTY THE SECURITY AND PRIVACY OF ITS SERVICES, INFORMATION AND OTHER DATA. ACCORDINGLY, LEGACY LEARNING SOLUTIONS DISCLAIMS AND DOES NOT REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT IT WILL BE ABLE TO MAINTAIN YOUR PRIVACY OR THE SECURITY OF ITS DATA IN REGARD TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. OUR PRIVACY POLICIES AND PROCEDURES ARE “AS IS” AND LEGACY LEARNING SOLUTIONS MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS AS TO THE FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR MERCHANTABILITY.
You may modify the contact information you gave us during registration by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.